In this SiCaps Gel, silicones are released upon application. This formulation features SiCaps 1500 which allow the introduction of high silicone concentration. The material can be used in water based formulations without using sophisticated surfactants and is suitable for press powder. It also helps maintain rheology and viscosity of the formulation.
|Phase||Trade Name||INCI Name||%|
|A||Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer||1.0|
|C||SiCaps™ 1500||Cellulose Acetate Butyrate (and) Dimethicone (and) Dimethiconol (and)
Propylene Glycol Stearate
- Prepare Phase A: add first ingredient of Phase A gradually to deionized water during mixing. Mix for 20 – 30 minutes to let the polymer hydrate completely.
- Prepare Phase B: in a separate vessel, add EDTA to deionized water while mixing.
- Add Phase B to Phase A gradually during mixing. Mix for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Add Phase C ingredients, gradually, to the gel obtained from Step 3 while using paddle mixer (~ 100 – 150 rpm) for 15 – 25 minutes.
- Add Phase D mixing for 2 minutes.