ARGANYL PW LS 9830 is a titrated extract of sustainably sourced leaves of the Argan oil tree. The argan tree (Argania spinosa) is an endemic tree from South West Morocco. The flavonoids contained in the leaves of the argan tree have been isolated, purified, and concentrated to produce ARGANYL® PW LS 9830.
For many years, the cosmetics industry has focused on intrinsic skin aging proposing regular solutions to reverse various age-related effects. Nevertheless, signs of aging are largely resulting from “environmental” sources, meaning all the external factors that affect our skin’s quality and youthfulness. These factors are numerous (pollution, UV exposure, etc…), omnipresent in our everyday life, and inevitable. They trigger a series of oxidative reactions and have dramatic impacts on our skin, causing accelerating skin aging. Arganyl®, an active ingredient derived from Argan leaves, is proven to be effective against these external stressors.
ARGANYL PW LS 9830 acts at two levels:
- by inhibiting free radicals: highly produced during the skin aging phenomenon, they also provoke a stimulation of MMP production by fibroblasts. The anti-free radical activity of ARGANYL™ limits this process.
- by inhibiting MMPs and collagenase
Features & Benefits of ARGANYL PW LS 9830
- Protection of collagen against MMP destruction.
- Protection against glycation.
- Reinforcement of cutaneous structure for a firm and smooth skin
- Powerful water-soluble antioxidant
- Counteracts effect of natural or artificial Blue Light
- Specifically tested regarding the protection of skin cells against the deleterious effects of pollutants
- Improves skin firmness and elasticity
- Skin Care
- Pet Care
BASF Personal Care offers a wide range of products in various personal care market segments such as Antiperspirant/Deodorants, Body Care, Oral Care, Sun Care, and more. These high-performing products enable the development of formulations that fulfill consumer’s needs.
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Anti-Blue Light: The Digital Dilemma!
Argania Spinosa Leaf Extract (and) Maltodextrin