Prevention of and protection against skin pollution
Mariponics PSR utilizes the seas own natural defenses and yeasts metabolic complexity against environmental stressors to protect skin from damage caused by pollution.
Mariponics PSR counter-regulates the effect of air pollution on 3 essential maintenance genes of the skin:
- Superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1): An important enzyme that acts as an antioxidant defense in nearly all cells exposed to oxygen.
- Cytochrome P450 (CYP1B1): Real skin cleaner, this enzyme metabolizes potential toxic compounds to keep skin in healthy conditions.
- Prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase 2 (PTGS2): Induced by UV, Ozone or diesel exhaust this enzyme is involved in the chronicle inflammation of the skin, a real factor of the skin aging process.
Mariponics PSR could accomplish its anti-pollution action through two mechanisms:
- May decrease oxidative or chemical stress in skin cells exposed to air pollution, thus lowering the requirement for SOD1 or CYP1B1 activity.
- May bind certain compounds in air pollution and prevent them from interacting with the cells, thus preventing or decreasing inflammation mediated by PTGS2.