This sprayable formula is suitable for beachwear or any outdoor activity and provides superior broad-spectrum protection against both the burning and aging rays of the sun. SolaStay® S1, an extremely rapid and efficient photostabilizer, and triple state quenching photostabilizers HallBrite® PSF and Polycrylene® help keep the formulation from losing effectiveness during sun exposure. In vitro testing suggests SPF ~55 and PFA (PPD) ~17 performance. Critical
wavelength = 377 nm.
|Sequence||Trade Name||INCI Name||%|
|HALLBRITE® PSF*||Undecylcrylene Dimethicone||3.00|
|Ethylhexyl Salicylate [Octisalate]||5.00|
|HALLBRITE® BHB*||Butyloctyl Salicylate||5.00|
|SolaStay® S1*||Ethylhexyl Methoxycrylene||2.00|
|C||Alcohol (anhydrous)||Up to 100|
Formula No. JZ8-57B
1. An explosion-proof environment is required throughout preparation and packaging.
2. Add phase A to a secondary vessel, start center-stir (prop) mixing and heat to 50°C.
3. Add phase B to phase A and mix. When homogeneous and clear start cooling.
4. To the primary vessel add phase C ingredients, starting mixing before the second ingredient is added.
5. When phase C is clear and homogeneous, with mixing, slowly add phase AB to it.
6. When the batch is uniform and clear, perform final quality assurance checks and package product.