Designed to be lightweight and joyful while ensuring sun protection.
- Z-COTE® Sheer a naturally derived, broad-spectrum inorganic UV filter dispersion with sheer application and high compatibility for ease in formulating both daily and beach wear protection products
- Verdessence™ Alginate a natural versatile polymer based on algae. It can be used as a rheology modifier, sensory enhancer, or setting polymer. Perfect for natural formulations
- Verdessence™ Xanthan a cold-processable thickener derived from 100% renewable feedstock to deliver stability to this emulsion
- Emulgade® Verde 10MS a versatile, naturally derived, non-ethoxylated emulsifier that creates lamellar structures and performs very well compared to EO-based emulsifiers
- Cetiol® C 5C a fast-spreading emollient that is designed as a good alternative to volatile silicones with the same light, silky feel. It supports the incorporation of powders and enhances the solubility of crystalline UV filters
|B||Verdessence™ Xanthan||Xanthan Gum||0.50|
|Cutina® GMS-SE||Glyceryl Stearate SE||0.25|
|Lanette® O||Cetearyl Alcohol||2.00|
|Cetiol® C 5C||Coco-Caprylate/Caprate||3.00|
|Ethylhexyl Salicylate (Octisalate)||3.00|
|Emulgade® Verde 10MS||Polyglyceryl-10 stearate||2.00|
|C||Z COTE® Sheer||Zinc Oxide (and) Coco-Caprylate/Caprate (and) Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate (and) Lecithin||9.33|
|D||Euxyl PE 9010||Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin||1.10|
- Combine phase A with prop mixing and begin heating to 75°C
- Combine phase B with prop mixing and begin heating to 80°C
- Add phase C to B at 60°C. Continue prop mixing until uniform.
- At temp, add phase B/C to A- and homogenize at 5000rpm. Try to incorporate air. Batch will thicken.
- Transfer to prop mix and begin cooling. Incorporate air as cooling.
- Below 45°C, add phase D. Mix until uniform
- Adjust pH to 7.2 using 25% citric acid solution.
- Drop below 35°C
- 24 hours later, re-adjust pH down to 7.2 with citric acid solution