The Bar Soap – Cold Process gently cleanses the skin with a creamy foam that leaves a hydrated after-feel. The soap contains Brazil Nut Oil which is responsible for providing a pleasant touch and smoothness to the skin while enabling the recovery of moisture and elasticity by strengthening skin’s barrier.
|Phase||Trade Name||INCI Name||% w/w|
|A||Shea Butter||Butyrospermum parkii (shea)
|Up to 100%|
|Patauá Oil Refined||Oenocarpus bataua fruit oil, Tocopherol||19.80|
|Babaçu Oil Refined||Orbignya oleifera seed oil,
|Brazil Nut Oil Refined||Bertholletia excelsa seed oil,
Procedure for Bar Soap – Cold Process
- In an auxiliary beaker, weight the components of phase (C), water and sodium hydroxide, in this sequence and mix until homogeneous.*
- Mix the components of phase (A) in a separate beaker and heat up to 75ºC-80ºC.
- Add phase (C) into (A) under stirring.
- Below 40ºC, pour phase (B) into phase (A+C) and homogenize gently. Keep under stirring until the soap’s viscosity increases.
- Divide the mixture into equal parts and add the clays to each one. Stir each part until they are fully homogeneous.
- When placing the formulation in the mold, carry out the chosen decoration technique.
- Wait 6 weeks to unmold.
*Always add the sodium hydroxide into the water, NEVER the other way around. This is an exothermic reaction: releases heat and gas!
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Trends Post: The Price of Beauty Doesn’t Have to Cost the Environment!
Formulation No. COR 061-0221